Sunday, August 30, 2026

Casie Conroy - Ugh.. Lennie

  

I don't want to let you down,

But I surely don't wanna be

Anything other than what I am now,

And I say that regrettably.

 

So I'll listen for whatever you need,

Send me a feed

Through the radio

With a song we both know.

 

Don't make me go,

I will not follow.

Follow where you lead,

Don't make me love you like that.

 

In the blue light I can see all that's coming.

In the dawn you'll be ready to go.

Yeah I know, I know

Lennie, don't do it to me.

 

And the days keep going and I'll keep knowing,

In the end it's inevitable.

Yeah I know, I know

Lennie, don't do it to me.

 

Green eyes shoot ya a gaze,

Saying you could get anything,

Anything other than what you won't take,

Which has lately been everything.

 

So I'm here for whatever you want.

Send me a buzz

Through a fax machine

Just to mess with me,

Call it a fever dream.

 

Don't make me go,

I will not follow.

Follow where you lead,

Don't make me love you like that.

 

In the blue light I can see all that's coming.

In the dawn you'll be ready to go.

Yeah I know, I know

Lennie, don't do it to me.

 

And the days keep going and I'll keep knowing,

In the end it's inevitable.

Yeah I know, I know

Lennie, don't do it to me.

 

I'm a little too late,

A little too proud.

I'm maybe too good

To say it out loud.

I can't wait around

To settle on down with you.

 

And I could be wrong,

But if that's the case,

Let you be the one

Say it to my face.

I doubt it now

You'll ever come back this way.

 

Don't make me go,

I will not follow.

Follow where you lead,

Don't make me love you like that.

 

In the blue light I can see all that's coming.

In the dawn you'll be ready to go.

Yeah I know, I know

Lennie, don't do it to me.

 

And the days keep going and I'll keep knowing,

In the end it's inevitable.

Yeah I know, I know

Lennie, don't do it to me.

 

I'm a little too late,

A little too proud.

I'm maybe too good

To say it out loud.

Lennie, don't do it to me.

 

And I could be wrong,

But if that's the case,

Let you be the one

To say it to my face.

Lennie, don't do it to me.



No comments: